A Homeschool Mama's Daybook...

Monday, November 9, 2015

I decided to join up with Jenny for her Homeschool Mama's Daybook:

Homeschool Mama's Daybook ~faithandgoodworks.com


For today:
 Monday 9th November 2015
Outside My Window....
The sky is a beautiful blue, criss -crossed with the remnants of fluffy white contrails left by the planes that have flown far above.  The oleander bushes are all in flower, nodding their pink buds in the breeze while birds hop among their limbs.  The open space flows on over many kilometres until way off in the distance, the purple mountains meet with the blue expanse.
I am Thankful for.....
Flowers blooming, days warming & children growing! 
I am Thinking....
About this roller coaster ride called foster care.  Things finally get sorted & then one person changes their mind & plans need to be rearranged.  That leaves us not knowing what is going on.  While I know this is not our agency's fault (in fact they are wonderful & are equally as frustrated as I am), I really just want to know what is going on.  Sigh...
patience, Renata, patience
I am Learning....
Patience.  To wait on the Lord for His timing because it is always best.  

I am Looking forward to....
Having little ones in our house again - even if it's only for a respite placement!  

What I am Wearing....
Farm clothes - a long skirt & an old shirt I made in home economics class back in high school.  Sure, it's old, but it's comfy & practical for doing farm jobs in!
In the Kitchen....
All is quiet this morning with cereal or toast being served.  Later, I need to do some baking, but Ellie will probably offer to do that as she loves baking.  For dinner, I'm thinking a roast dinner would be nice.  We had lamb last week, so I'll go searching for a pork or a beef roast to go in the slow cooker!
In My Garden....
The petunias are blossoming. The new birdbath garden brings a smile to my face & the newly planted vegetable seeds are sprouting & appearing above the ground.  I always love it when seeds grow, it's so exciting to see the life appearing.  Plants are so refreshing & I have been rather ambitious with my vegetable garden this year.  I'm hoping it all comes to fruition! The shadehouse again houses our tomato seedlings interspersed with basil & my strawberries are looking very healthy after a short bought of some fungal infection that we have been able to way-lay by removing the affected leaves.
These are all now planted in the shadehouse
Around the House....
We are also in the middle of renovating the boys big, new bedroom!  This is exciting as the three boys have outgrown their previous space & this will be double that!  They want to stay together, so we are trying to accommodate them comfortably! The ceiling is done, the walls are painted & the cornice is placed.  I believe there is not a lot left to do & the boys should be in there sometime in the next week!

Homemaking Plans for next week....
My pantry needs a clean out as someone spilled the honey, which has enticed some ants to find their way into the house.  It feels like I only just cleaned out the pantry, but spilled honey calls for it to be redone (at least on the two shelves with honey drips)! Also a full clean of the laundry/back bathroom area which for whatever reason gets dirty very quickly (sigh).  Otherwise just normal housekeeping.  I borrowed a Britex from the shop on Saturday, so the lounges & rugs are all clean!  YAY!!

In Our Homeschool Room....
The desks get scattered with all sorts of creating & I have to remind myself over & over again that it is more important to focus on my relationships with the children rather than expect them to have spotless desks every day.  ( I wish there was a way to have both, but with their personalities as such, I don't know?) One million tiny bits of paper & counting....


Homeschooling Plans for next week....
A full week is planned, although with extra little ones, I may be rather ambitious in expecting it to be completed...

We Are Going....
This is a super busy week.  Over the next few weeks the three sports that our children are involved in during the year overlap.  This means we are out four afternoons. I really don't like being so busy. Usually we just have one or two afternoon commitments, so four is a huge change.  Thankfully, this week Dave will have to help out with them!

Favorite Scripture/Quote....
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12
Favorite Blog  from the week....
At the moment I am rereading some of Rebecca's blog at Renaissance.  I find her photos so inspiring as I plan & put in our summer gardens.  I have decided to create a flower circle (well ours will be a semi-circle) after reading about  ( & seeing amazing pictures of) hers over the years! And of course, I'm so excited for her that she is expecting a precious little bundle soon!

Favorite Photo from the Week....
I am firmly convinced that they love each other, even though they pretend otherwise.

Blessings


Blog Widget by LinkWithin